On May 17th, citizens from around DC reached out to their neighbors to discuss the problems and ideas they had which could be addressed with technology. We’re happy to announce that our $1000 Social Citizen Award goes to Shireen Mitchell and Jill Foster for their in depth, multi-media presentation which you can see here:
Perhaps we should have had multiple prizes in this category, as we’re appreciative of the effort put forth so many. Here are a few more entries/insights that you might find interesting:
- American Ballad’s “KISS it’s the People” report.
- Tegy Thomas’ “Social Entrepreneur Hub” currently leads all voting in the Insights Section
- Jeremy wants Apps for Democracy to be for the greater capital area, not just dc:
- Elizabeth is concerned about access to 311 outside of the city:
- Andrew wants to get text messages when police helicopters are in the area:
There’s much more (220+ additional insights) here!