|Social Citizen Award||1||$1,000|
|Round 1 First Place||1||$3,000|
|Round 1 Second Place||1||$2,000|
|Round 2 First Place||1||$3,000|
|Round 2 Second Place||1||$2,000|
|Community Grant Option*||1||$14,000|
If one individual or team wins first place in round 1, round 2 and the final round they are guaranteed $16,000.
*OCTO will have the option to award a Community Grant administered by iStrategyLabs for a total of $14,000 over a 9 month period for further development and support of the winning application.
General Prize Structure:
- Contestants can be an individual or a team of individuals; prize money will be awarded to the team leader for distribution.
- Contestants can enter as many applications as they like and each app is eligible for a prize according to these rules.
- Contestants must submit their applications to the submission portal here.
- Usability of 311 API integration
- Level of consideration of input from gathered from the DC community
- Utilization of data from the DC Data Catalog
- Usefulness to the citizens, visitors and government of Washington DC
- Appeal of the application
Granting of Awards:
- The Social Citizen Award will be judged and award by iStrategyLabs based on the depth an breadth of insights collected by a team
- Awards will be granted by a panel chosen by The District of Columbia’s Office of the Chief Technology Officer
- Awards will be granted in 3 rounds according to the contest calendar
- The Community Grant will be made available by OCTO at their option and is not guaranteed to be awarded.
- The Community Grant will be award only if the winning application is of sufficient promise to be supported subsequently to the conclusion of the contest